Friday, July 21, 2006

Pictures this time



Well, I managed to sneak a ride to tamale for the day because they were having some maintainance done on the truck. I borrowed the laptop from work and hopefully I can get some pictures up on here. I finished my last workshop on wednesday this week, so now all I have left is one District Food Security Network meeting and some monitoring and evaluating left. I have full weeks left in my town and then I will make my way south to Accra to catch my flight. I am actually kind of sad to think about leaving, its different than leaving home because a lot of the people I have met I will never get a chance to see them again. I have met some pretty cool people here. On a completely unrelated note I got a drum last weekend (dont know if I mentioned that last time or not) so I will start up my lessons sometime next week. Other than that not a whole lot is new. I am getting so used to my routine here that I dont have a whole lot to write about (I also dont know where to start as far as the whole experience is concerned). It has been amazing thus far though.
Ok as for the pictures....... First one is Mole National park me with some elephants
second is me at work doing some surveying in the field. I would have added more but they took about 10 minutes each to post and I'm really not ready for that kind of commitment right now.

I think my time is running low here and I have to get the computer back to do some small small (<-- Ghanaian slang) work this afternoon. I have a cell phone here now so you EWBers can call me now and anyone at home is more than welcome to call. Its a loaner from a friend and has a broken screen so if you call and I dont answer call back cause I cant tell who it is. I think the country conde is 233 but check that out before you dial after that my number is 209327247. As always I love hearing from you guys so e mail me at dv886971@dal.ca and I will e mail you back as soon as I get it or you can make a comment on my blog regarding all the spelling mistakes and comma splices spread out all over this thing. In the meantime 'errbody should keep it real and Ill see you all in a month.

DAVE

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Wow, I guess I'm one of the first people to see these pictures of yours. I was just scanning through my msn and noticed your name, so I thought I'd check this out. It's unreal to think that you're over in Africa now, that so awesome. I wish I could see you before December to see some more pictures and hear about your little adventures. You'll have to take care of church street while I'm gone though. Just to warn you, this street is overrun by devil cats, they're pretty scary, and I guess 2 of them are pregnant. They're like the Greasers from the Outsiders kind of, a tight posse... except they don't gel their hair and comb it. Anyways that probably doesn't make much sense, but you'll see them when you live here. Oh yeah and this is little Alex Lawrence from Wild Rose country... except right now I'm in a semi tropical storm in halifax. So yeah just thought I'd say hi, hope the rest of your time there is amazing! Keep it real home slice... You still owe me a washing of my comforter that you got pink highlighter on back in the day. Later Days

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home